Monday, January 17, 2011

Don't wear shorts

So I was watching some of my teachers at an outdoor reading attended by about 100 or so people. Suddenly, I got a reading for a lady sitting just a few rows from the front. I motioned to one of my teachers waiting on a bench to the side asking in rudimentary sign language if I could do a reading. It would be my first at this well-known reading location and yet I was so sure of the reading that I wasn't even nervous.

However, it was motioned back to me that I couldn't read because I was wearing shorts instead of long pants and I then understood that a certain level of decorum was required to play in the big leagues.

Still, I was worried for this woman and "saw" her leaving down the path to the parking lot with her head hung low and in a deep depression because she did not get her reading. I continued to hope for her, but to no avail, and the whole event ended with her still sitting there as the crowd walked away.

I couldn't let this stand and so I went to her and said that I was just a student but that I felt I had a reading for her and would she mind indulging me. She eagerly said it would be OK.

I said that I sensed she was grieving over a man, possibly her father but maybe her husband. Either way, she had a watch with her – his watch. She smiled and pull the watch out of her pocket. I received the message that he was still making his way on the other side but that he was safe and fine and that she shouldn't worry. He said he loved her very much and a few other things that I don't really remember, or didn't even comprehend.

Regardless, she thanked me up and down and almost skipped down the path catching up with some other folks she had not been sitting with and began a conversation with them.

As often happened with me, I stood there emotionally drained – happy that she received her reading, trying to shake the sadness out of my own being, and thanking the Higher MInd for the opportunity to serve once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment