I had just finished reading Physics of the Soul, by Amit Goswami, a book I highly recommend.
I was working out of the basement of a health food store. When I say basement, I mean I had a little dark corner in a hundred+ year old building, cordoned off by a curtain, with two simple chairs and a lamp.
My next client was a male about 35 years of age. As he sat down, he gave the obvious indication that he was a skeptic by folding his arms and legs and sitting slightly sideways. As unnerving as giving readings can be in a normal (if there is such) setting, these leg and arm crossers sorely challenge the faint of heart.
As confidently as I could, I closed my eyes, said my prayer and my little forced intro of "Just tell him . . ." at which point I typically begin to ramble words that mean much to my client, even if I do not understand what they mean.
In this case, I immediately began talking about the book I had just read. I touched on some of its more extreme theories, all the while thinking I was wimping out on this guy and wondering where my story was going. After 15 minutes or so I ran out of interesting things to repeat and so I closed with the thought that many physicists and physics teachers at school are reluctant to say what they know about a higher power, for fear of being ridiculed, or worse, losing their job.
When I finished, he totally opened up his limbs and his voice and said - "You are exactly right. I am the local physics teacher in this town and I have to keep my mouth shut about so much or I'll lose my job."
He said he was going to get the Goswami book for sure, and thanked me kindly.
No matter what, Spirit is there to guide and give the message, as long as I or anyone can keep their own ego and fears out of it. Seen it happen over and over with me and with other mediums.
Be safe over the next few weeks of celebration.
No comments:
Post a Comment