Friday, November 19, 2010

Thanks, a lot, buddy!

James Van Praagh addressed a crowd of about 1,000 people and after he left, readings were to be offered by students for fifteen minutes. There was a crowd assembled of about 350 people wanting readings and only a handful of readers. I had said, on the trip to this place, that I would only read if my teacher said "Please, please, please."

I was standing next to one of my fellow students when my teacher first saw me. She came to my side and pulled on my arm and said, "Please, please, please."  Well, then I knew I had no choice.

One of my clients was a middle-aged Italian man who presented himself with crossed legs and arms - always a bad sign. I said my prayer and then immediately saw his mother. I asked "Is your mother passed over?"

He said she was and I added, "Because she is telling me about a family book."

"There is no family book," he said, almost angrily.

Then I got the name Sonny and so I asked, "Who is Sonny?"

He sat upright in his chair and told me that Sonny was his cousin who was also passed over.

His mother butted in again about the book and so I mentioned it again to him.

"I'm telling you, there is no family book," he barked.

So I struggled on to find something that might suit him when all of a sudden he rises a little out of his chair and says, "Oh, my God. There is a family book!"

Seems when his mother passed four years earlier the only thing he wanted was an address book of family members living in Italy and America. His brother, who got everything else, would not give him that book and they hadn't spoken since. I stated that it was pretty obvious his mother felt bad about the two men not speaking and that he should ask his brother for the book, or at least for photo-copies of the book.

"I'm not calling that son-of-a-b _ _ _ _ _!"

I went back "in" looking for something else to say when suddenly he rose again from his chair with a big broad smile on his face, looking like something very heavy had lifted off his shoulders. He grabbed my arm and shook my hand, and said, "Thanks a lot, buddy."

No comments:

Post a Comment