This blog is about many things of a spiritual or unexplained nature; things I have studied in a classroom setting for the last ten years, and really on my own for my entire life.
Earlier I shared a couple of "readings" I was involved with, readings that changed my client's life. After giving a few hundred psychic readings and listening to many more, given by some of the best psychics in the world, I can tell you that the phenomenon is real.
I can't tell you exactly what is happening, but I do have some theories.
The basic question is whether the information the psychic is giving to the client comes from a spirit, from ESP, or from some trickery, guess work, or mass hallucination. Again, I cannot say for sure on the first two, but totally discount the rest when a sincere psychic is at work.
I have seen many departed people. By "seen" I mean I saw them as a ghostly or imaginary person, and yet very detailed and specific as if they were really there, standing next to someone. Other times I simply got their name and their message for the client.
Some readers see, others hear, others feel. I don't like the "feeling" readings as they make me very emotional. Even if a reading begins as something I "hear" or "see," emotion often steps in and I end up with tears in my eyes, or worse. This is why I don't do this on a regular basis, plus the fact that most people think you are weird if you do.
I've spent 10 years studying this phenomenon, along with Yoga, Chi, hypnosis, meditation, neural linguistic programming, and a host of miscellaneous subjects, from crystals, earth geomancy, sacred sites of the world, dowsing, color therapy and many others.
The bottom line, I believe, is that all of these things are part of the same phenomenon, and it works with them or without them. The "power" if you wish to call it that simply resides in every human being. Some become better at it than others, just as some guitar players become better at that talent than others. We all could strum some type of sound on a guitar, and so we all have the innate ability to play one, even if we don't sound like much when we do.
Some exciting new research is being done using MRI scans to record the human brain. I watched a 60 Minutes report recently that showed scientists who have proven that all human brains experience the same neuro transmitters firing when viewing the same object.
In other words, when every human looks at a drawing of a hammer, the same exact area of their brains fires or has an electrical charge travel through it. These scientists took 100 drawings of 100 separate objects. They asked an MRI subject to pick 10 and think of only them, while in the MRI machine. The brain of every single person could be "read" by the MRI machine, based on what 10 objects they thought of, and the corresponding firing of brain cells.
Even Leslie Stahl, a long-time, well-respected CBS reporter submitted herself to the test and the scientists picked all 10 items that she thought of. She reported that there are actually two companies now doing test marketing, showing new items to the MRI client and seeing if pleasurable or non-pleasurable brain cells were stimulated. One of the customers buying this technology was McDonalds looking for new food products to sell!
This MRI study is elementary but what if the psychic is simply so sensitive to their client that when the client thinks of something, the psychic gets a "hit" or something to tell the client. This could explain the vast majority of accurate readings. In other words, the client is bringing the reading with him or her.
We were taught to empathize with the client, matching their posture and breathing, their speech speed and volume, etc. I have a distant cousin who is a psychiatrist in New York City. We had a long discussion about what I was learning and he said that psychiatrists are taught to empathize in the exact same manner.
So this brain wave activity could explain readings that are essentially based on ESP. However, I have received readings myself with information I had no way of knowing. In one case, I was given the birth month of my grandmother, something I never knew, but later found to be true. I have also given readings where the client cannot understand what I am telling them, but later realize the truth in it.
I have given readings in person and by email and been just as successful at both, which eliminates close proximity, or visual clues. In the case of the emails, I only knew the person's first name, and yet I got names of their deceased relatives, of situations they or their family members were dealing with, and things even as obscure as a horse's name, and the name of a term paper that helped someone graduate from college.
The phenomenon is wonderful, and yet scary, especially when sad feelings creep in. The first time it happened to me I was actually reading one of the most famous psychics in the world. I saw that she only felt comfortable while in her flower garden, where she didn't have to be "on." I broke down totally before I could even tell her why. Once I did she confirmed what I was saying and I was then taught to build a mental wall around me to keep the emotion out. Trouble is, I can't. Though I don't regularly practice mediumship anymore, I just recently attended an advanced course in it and was able to give three very good, and helpful readings.
I am glad others pursue this career, just as I am glad others pursue guitar playing or running MRI machines. It is a real phenomenon, it is helpful, and it is very intriguing.
I will tell more tales of successful readings in the months to come, while always protecting the client's identity. And, I will continue to look for the common sense, scientific reason why it works.
No comments:
Post a Comment